This list meant a lot to me at the time and it still does and I wanted to reflect on it tonight...some highlights of this list include...
- Continuing to live a wholehearted and authentic life- This I have done and continued to do. This is my number one value in life and so important to me.
- Continuing to strive for a life filled with healthy living, including losing weight and reaching fitness goals-Currently I am at my lowest weight in over 2 years and continue to become healthier in a healthy manner, go me and thank you to the wonderful ladies at Weight Watchers South Tampa.
- Running longer distances and being able to register for a marathon by my next birthday- Check! Chicago Marathon here I come alongside my good friend and cohort member Emily!
- Running my dad's first half marathon by his side -Despite how it ended for me....we had a lot of fun at the Wine & Dine Half Marathon in November.
But other parts on the list mean more to me and there are things that I am still working towards even though I am about to be 24...
- Having new professional experiences! (ex. Boston, UCLA, etc.)- Holy cow did these have such an impact on me this year. If it wasn't for Boston, I wouldn't have met the wonderful people at Brandeis. If it wasn't for UCLA I would not have been so fortunate to gain the great friendships I have with Branden and Vanessa. If it wasn't for my experience on AFA Grad Staff I never would have been so lucky to create such a great group of friends and colleagues who are currently going through what I am. Not only did these experiences bring me great professional development, but great friendship, and that is something that is so important to me and something I value so much.
- Appreciating people in my life more & Living it up and being grateful for everyday of my life This one has never been more important to me than at this moment. The past 4 months have, for lack of a better term been a rollercoaster. A perpetual up and down. Some days are fantastic, other days the complete opposite. When faced with a huge transition, especially one where there is so much uncertainty, and external things in life happen, that is hard. Especially for me. It is during these past 4 months that there are some people I have appreciated more than ever before. The people that will answer a text late at night, my parents who have picked up every one of my phone calls, the best friend from far away who will call just to say hi, the funny Snapchat from a friend to make me laugh, the CSA member who will listen to you, or the sorority sister who goes out of their way to meet up with you--you do not know how much you all mean to me. I have never been more thankful and appreciative in my entire life. You know who you are and I hope that I can continue to express my gratitude and repay you in some way someday. With that being said...I have been so grateful for my life and what I have made of it so far. While some days are bad, I am grateful for what I have, my health, the roof above my head and being able to put it all into perspective. Now more than ever is the time for me to embrace life and live it to the fullest...I think 24 will have more of that, starting with a trip to Europe in 11 days and then a big move to...?? :)
- Lastly, something that I am still working towards is: Loving myself- I vowed that I would do this more at 23. Don't get me wrong, I totally did, but more than ever I need to do this more. Never has my patience, confidence and internal self been more challenged and tried than this past year. I have worn my heart on my sleeve, been vulnerable, been honest all in an attempt to feel and be my wholehearted true self. This works. Brene is right. However, truly loving and embracing yourself is a process. It's not overnight where I can suddenly feel completely validated and valued and appreciated all at once. It is a process and I know that within this next transition, living completely on my own, I will learn so much more about myself than I ever have before. I am so excited to visit this blog in a year and just see the progress I have made!
So how far have we come?
I'd say some way. While this was a crazy, trying, interesting year, some amazing people came into my life this year. I had some transformative experiences. It can only get even better.
Cheers to 24!
|Credits to Captured in His Image Photography|