Friday, May 10, 2013

Leaving On a Jet Plane


I write this blog post from the Tampa International Airport.

I am exhausted, excited, nervous, anxious and a whole slew of emotions. It's been interesting getting here this morning, bag was overweight, I was not fully packed at 6:30am, etc. but here I am! I will be going home for a few days before I depart for Massachusetts for my summer practicum for my graduate school program. While I am nervous to leave because I do not know what to expect, I know that this is a good thing. As I've talked about before, being vulnerable and open to these experiences is the best thing you can do for yourself. It is how you grow and become a better person! I am ready for this adventure and to get some things accomplished from my Bucket List within Boston.

Some of these things include:

  • Go to a Red Sox game
  • Run Boston! (I am registered for the B.A.A 10k! Excited for this race and the energy that will be around it!)
  • Network and grow professionally through my internship
  • Visit Cape Cod 
  • Go hiking in New England for a day
  • Eat clam chowder, lobster and all of those things that are typical for the area
  • Explore places from Travel Channel and Food Network (I have an affinity for these channels)
  • And so much more!

I expect to come back to Tampa in July refreshed, re-energized, healthier and in a better state of mind then when I left. They say the summer practicum is the highlight of grad school and I am so excited to experience it! In addition, I am excited to be in New Jersey to see family, friends, indulge in pizza and bagels, go to Trader Joe's, get my ankle checked out finally (post to follow...) and hopefully get a drive in to the shore since I haven't been there since Hurricane Sandy. 

That's all for now. Tampa I will miss you, follow me the next few months through the blog! Updates will be posted continuously!


Cheesing at the airport, don't mind the bags under my eyes!



3 comments:

  1. This is wonderful!!!!! Good luck in Boston this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amber! I hope all is well with the Peace Corp and I hope to catch up soon!

      Delete
  2. Love your blog Aibs. I finally logged in as my google self. I have a blog for my students too. I hope we get to see you soon either in NJ or Vermont. AK

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget