Sunday, May 26, 2013

Shipping Up to Boston


So. It has been sometime since I last blogged because I have been busy adjusting to my summer up in the Greater Boston Area.

It has been quite the adventure with a lot of food and a lot of exploring. This week I did this...

Red Sox Game

and this...

Museum of Fine Arts!

and we cannot forget a little bit of foodie adventures...


     

But I also did what I am here for...work as a Department of Community Living Graduate Intern!

 Isn't it a gorgeous campus!

I am so grateful and excited for what the next few weeks has in store for me! I am excited to learn more within the housing area of student affairs and be challenged in a new environment. I am extremely blessed and lucky to have this opportunity! 

In the meantime, I start physical therapy this week for my ankle. I am looking forward to recovery and getting back on track. There are great spots to workout here in the city. I am especially looking forward to a 10 mile bike ride right into Boston on some trails with a colleague! Also I am super excited to run the Boston 10k put on by the Boston Athletic Association. There is so much pride and spirit in this city after the unfortunate events and I am excited to be a part of it!


This quote definitely describes the practicum experience. We are here to grow and become better professionals and I am so ready for this new experience.

That's it for now. I will leave you with this great Vine video my good friend Jeff took of us singing "Sweet Caroline" during the 8th inning at the Red Sox game! 


xox,
gfr


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget